Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Real Estate School: Module 2 - Real Estate Development and Finance
This course represents module 2 of the Real Estate School (5 days)
The other, Real Estate School: Module 1 - Real Estate Investment and Finance (3 days), as well as the whole school can be booked
- Interactive case studies based on actual projects with spreadsheet analysis
- Development analysis and appraisal
- Setting up and modelling a development project
- Cash flow appraisal techniques in development
- Structuring the development finance
- Structuring mezzanine, JV and private equity deals
- Modelling sample waterfall structures
The modules are principally aimed at delegates with previous experience in investment/finance or development strategy, but as the course puts delegates on an interactive learning curve to cover fundamentals of each topic, before moving on to more advanced techniques and applications, it allows delegates from both a junior and more senior experience level to participate together. Articles. papers and further references and reading in the Course
Handbooks provide further information, expand and show potential applications for many of the topics included to give a more rounded understanding.
Who should attend
- Lending and Finance Bankers
Whilst its focus is primarily on mature markets, the techniques and trends studied will also be relevant to participants investing in property markets in other regions.
- Overview – it is not just about the numbers
- Eight stages of property development
- Market demand
- Sources of money
- Capital (financial) structure of project
- Funding process
- Review of common analytical techniques and terminology
- Creating budget and proforma spreadsheets
- The developer and the team
- Market acceptance – lettings/pre-sales?
- Public approvals
- Fundamental construction contract types
- Budgeting, scheduling and associated common pitfalls.
Structuring and monitoring a construction loan
- Pre-let or speculative?
- Construction loan mechanics
- Main underwriting criteria
- Project monitoring: what do investors & lenders want to know?
Funds and joint ventures
- Overview: Capital flows and fund structure definitions
- Investment through intermediaries
- Capital partners
- Landowner ventures
- What are they?
- Risk and return
- Can they be used as a financing vehicle?
- Legal and organizational structure / structuring considerations
- Fee structures
- Cash flow waterfalls
International investment considerations
- Cross-border investment strategies and considerations
Putting it All Together: YOU determine the answer!
- Participants will be divided up in groups to solve a case problem. Each group will prepare a scheme on how to resolve problems identified in the case. Groups will presentation their analysis and recommendations. Groups will be evaluated based on reasonableness of their and creativity in finalizing the deal.
Real estate economics: understand future trends in the property development industry
- Pandemic lock down consequences
- Demographic change
- Will there be a boom or a crash?
- What about developments in Europe, such as Brexit, Asia and the Middle East?
- Ethics and social responsibilities / green development
Real estate economics – looking local
- What’s happening?
- Open discussion: what’s happening in your region?
Summary and conclusions
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyStephen Peca is a senior property professional who has invested and guided investment decisions globally in well excess of US$100billion. During his career at firms such as Moody’s Analytics, Fleet Securities – Bank of America, Fuji Bank and notable real estate firms, he has undertaken many senior staff management and client-facing roles. Stephen’s role has expanded into entrepreneurship and venture capital.Stephen is now Managing Director and Senior Partner of Concourse Realty Group and Windy Acres Capital & Advisory where he provides transaction, asset and portfolio strategy and business solutions to clients globally. Both companies operate under the name, Concourse Holdings. Stephen also teaches and has taught at Fordham University, Baruch College (CUNY), New York Law School and New York University, while also teaching in various other venues around the world. His responsibilities and accomplishments have included:- Director role at Fleet Securities – Bank of America, in which he was responsible for the loan sales and trading activities of the bank’s US$33 billion of real estate assets- Director responsibilities at Moody’s Analytics where he led the commercial real estate and project and infrastructure global practices, and refined scope parameters and monitored data integrity as committee member for Moody’s/REAL CPPI, a national property price index.- At Concourse Realty Group, he:Created strategic plan for an international bank who desired to re-establish their real estate loan portfolio that subsequently grew to US$4.0 billion in about three yearsRepresented global property owners in various negotiations for properties totalling over US$500 million.Provided expert witness services for US$1 billion hotel property development project litigation.Provided financial and capital structuring for a US$180 million mixed-use project in Saudi Arabia.Advised on the structuring of a US$20 million equity property fund in CEE.In addition to Stephen’s academic credentials, he is a Chartered Management Consultancy Surveyor (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors U.K.) and a Certified Public Accountant (State of Illinois, U.S.). Stephen is a member of the Institute of Directors, the Asset Management Roundtable, the Investment Management and Hedge Fund Roundtable and is a student mentor at the New York University, Stern School of Business.Stephen is repeatedly in demand to speak at conferences and is frequently quoted in publications and articles. His book, Real Estate Development and Investment: A Comprehensive Approach, has been adopted by numerous universities and industry professionals globally.