Reclaiming Your VAT
Reclaim the VAT on your Euromoney Training Courses in the UK
Why am I being charged VAT?
The EU VAT Directive stipulates that all training and educational courses that are provided in the UK must include a VAT charge on payment.
Can I reclaim my VAT back?
Overseas delegates who attend our courses in the UK are eligible to claim their VAT back once it has been paid.
How can I claim the VAT back paid on a course?
There are two ways in which you can claim back VAT back from the UK.
Option 1 - Directly through HM Revenue and Customs
The most cost-efficient way is to claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
Option 2 - Through our Recommended VAT Reclaim Service – VAT IT
The specific rules for VAT reclaim will vary according to the laws of your country of residence. This can be complicated and time-consuming.
Euromoney have an exclusive partnership with VAT IT, specialists in international VAT reclaim. VAT IT will review, process and submit your VAT refund on your behalf.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
If you want to find out more about this service, please email your details to: email@example.com
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Real Estate Cashflow & Financial Modelling
If you already have an understanding of real estate finance and investment techniques, this course will enable you to develop your skills in analysing and structuring real estate deals. Skills and techniques will be demonstrated to assist in developing financial structures and evaluating the financial feasibility of investing in real estate. Case studies and worked examples will be used throughout the programme to enable you to apply these techniques to real-life. You will enhance your range of skills and techniques which will help you to make informed real estate financing decisions.
How will this course assist?
This 3-day course will assist you with structuring the finance and evaluating the financial feasibility of investing in complex real estate deals, you will cover:
- Building valuation models for investment and development
- Creating cashflow models for investment and finance
- Identifying, evaluating and managing the risk of investing in property
- Analysing the risks and returns of different financing structures
- Selecting the most appropriate financing structure for your deal
- Applying financial structuring techniques to existing investments
- Understanding how to structure mezzanine and JV deals
- Structure of the course
- Discussion of delegates’ objectives
This session sets the scene for setting up the spreadsheet and ensuring spreadsheet integrity
- Use of templates
- Modelling tips / best practice
- Audit and transparency issues
- Safeguarding intellectual capital
- Graphics and Presentation: Line, column and bar charts, creating dynamic charts, creating interactive models, building simple animation in spreadsheets including graphs and text boxes
- Formulae and function for valuations and appraisals
- Valuing gross and net leases
- Calculating and comparing effective rents
- Applying different types of yield
- Understanding and analysing the components of yields
- Backing out market implied growth rates
- Global valuation techniques: income approach and cost approach
- Turnover rents
- Line by line build up of cashflows
- Typical cashflow issues
- Timing and frequency formats
- Growth and CPI indices
- Cap Ex and Op Ex
- Checking outputs for consistency
- Exit strategies and solving for transaction prices
- Graphing and presentation of outputs
Day 2Cost of capital techniques in real estate
- Use and calculation of discount rates
- Weighted average cost of capital
- Using NPV and IRR and understanding limitations
- Buy or lease decisions
- Hold or leaseback structures
Putting it into practice: developing a model buy, lease or leaseback
- Applying typical banking covenants
- Using excel’s specialist financial functions
- Capital cover or income cover: techniques for sizing the loan
- creating a geared cashflow
- Structuring for added value plays
- Reconciling borrower and lender objectives
- The capital stack
- Mezzanine finance approaches
- Lookback IRR
- Mezzanine finance with profitshare
Day 3Development appraisals
- Residual appraisals
- Identifying feasibility
- Presentation and use of graphs
- Development cashflows
- Revisiting risk issues
- Options for financing pre-let and speculative deals
- Forward sale and full forward funding
- Mezzanine finance for developments
JV and private equity models
- Use of third party equity
- Ground rent and land lease calculations
- Using real options
- Priority of distributions
- Structuring the pref and promote
- Waterfall structures
Course summary and close
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyThe course director is a Chartered Surveyor whose career has spanned both private and public sector work, including large-scale development schemes, urban regeneration projects, project finance and Private Finance Initiatives (PFI). He has undertaken research and consultancy projects in development, cash flow analysis and corporate real estate and business strategy and trends impacting the real estate industry. He has advised on funding and development strategies in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia as well as having extensive teaching experience in the UK, Hong Kong and Malaysia. His teaching experience has covered specialist Real Estate Investment & Finance Masters and MBA programmes and he runs training courses globally for banks, investment managers, corporate advisory teams, legal firms and public sector clients. Topics covered combine spreadsheet modelling for debt / equity structuring, development appraisals and finance, investment analysis, risk, simulation and portfolio modelling, leases and option pricing, corporate finance models. He combines extensive practical experience with a strong academic background. This enables him to relate theory to practical applications. He is a Registered CPD Presenter - verifying a proven track record in training, lecturing and enhancing skills and knowledge in specialist technical areas with an established practical experience background. The instructor holds MSc in Real Estate Investment & Finance from City University, London where he subsequently became Head of Department. He retains a part-time position as Senior Lecturer in the Faulty of Finance, Cass Business School, teaching on specialist Masters courses and postgraduate programmes.
Dubai has an incredible number of hotels. Courses held here are mainly held at the:
Nassima Royal Hotel
Plot 49 Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre District Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nassima Royal Hotel is a modern, stylish, luxury hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road. Towering at 51 stories, the hotel offers stunning views over Dubai and its iconic landmarks.
You can also view other recommended hotels on this map:"