Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Infrastructure Finance and PPP
This course represents module 4 of the Project Finance Academy.
Module 4 In the final two days participants will become familiar with the wide array of models for Public Private Partnerships (PPP) designed to link public sector financial resources and accountability with private sector discipline, expertise, and capital. They will look at approaches to ‘balancing risk’ among various stakeholders, creditors and guarantors of projects as well as policy objectives like ‘value for money” central to Sovereign and Sub-sovereign governmental decision-making. Case examples cover projects in transport, water, sanitation, besides services and other infrastructure.
This final module also pays careful attention to the many techniques for enhancing the terms of funding provided by official players like the World Bank, ADB, EIB, IADB, EBRD, the Islamic Development Bank, Export Credit Agencies, use to promote infrastructure development.
Four Workshops That Can Be Booked Together or Separately:
- Module 1: Advanced Project Finance Workshop (4 days)
- Module 2: Cashflow Modelling (1 Day)
- Module 3: Financing Natural Resources: Oil, Gas and Mining Projects (2 Days)
- Module 4: Infrastructure Finance and PPP (2 Days)
This programme consists of four separately bookable modules, book the full Project finance academy and save £2535.
Agenda coming shortly - sector specific modules to be confirmed
Who should attendAll professionals involved in infrastructure finance from across government and government agencies, project sponsors, contractors, financial institutions including multilaterals and export credit agencies, as well as consulting and advisory firms.
- Head of Project Finance
- Head of Corporate Finance
- Head of Structured Finance
- Project Manager
- Sales Manager
Themes: Infrastructure Projects, PPP, and Transportation
What is a Public Private Partnership (PPP)?
- Public Private Partnerships (PPP) Principles
- Roles for the Public and Private Sector
Structures and Degrees of Private Participation
- Contract Services: Operations and Maintenance (O&M), O&M and Management
- Leasing, Lease Develop Operate (LDO), Lease Purchase, Sale Leaseback
- Design Build: DB, DBM, DBO, DBFO, BOT, BOO Concessions
PPP Tender Process
- Specifying User Needs in Output Terms
- Private Sector Informational Requirements
- Identifying Bidders and Assessing Risks Negotiating Strategies and Closing
Sources of Finance: Managing and Allocating Risks in PPP; Making a Deal Bankable
- Collecting Information/ Macro and Micro Concerns of Banks
- Risk Allocation in PPP/ Developing a Specialized Matrix
- Risk Mitigation Techniques
- Analysing Risk Assumptions (Operating and Maintenance, Construction, Financial, Revenues)
- Environmental Considerations
- Consultants in the PPP Process
Quantitative Risk Analysis and Cashflow Forecasts
- Requirements of Creditors vs Investors
- Other Stakeholder Considerations
- “Value for Money” and the Public Sector Comparator (PSC); Unitary Payments (UPs)
Case Study: Light Rail Finance
Partnering with multiple government authorities to raise finance for timely completion of a rapid transit system
Case Study: Financing a Tollroad
Participants will break into groups to evaluate the financing scheme for a toll road. They will assess the allocation of risks, and concession terms, and other contractual agreements. A cash flow model will be used to test qualitative assumptions.
Themes: Financing Water, Sanitation and Other Social Services Projects
Legal and Contractual Issues in PPP Projects
- Regulatory Framework and Enforceability
- Policy Objectives of the Government Concessions and Licensing,
- Process and Oversight
Case Study: Reviewing a DBFO Term Sheet
Sources of Credit and Risk Support in International PPP Projects
- Official Risk Enhancers and Development Banks
- Rating Agencies and Pension Fund Sales
Local Capital Markets in Developing Countries
Case Study: Reviewing a DBFO Term Sheet for a Roadway or Other Transport
Water and Sanitation Infrastructure
- Special Features of Water and Sanitation Projects
- Array of Funding Structures for Service Agreements and Concessions
- Who are the Players? Investors? Lenders?
Two Case Studies:
- Financing a Water Treatment Plant
Participants will review the terms of a concession for a municipal wastewater treatment plant.
- Non-revenue Water (NRW)
Understanding a service contract for reducing non-revenue water. Considering the merits of the proposed financing approach.
PPP and Social Infrastructure
- Financing Hospitals, Schools, Prisons, Others
- Sample Concessions and Contract Terms
- Risk Evaluation and Allocation
- Monitoring Requirements
Case Example: Financing a Hospital
Self-test and Wrap-up
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
- Equipping stakeholders to respond rapidly to the exploding array of global project finance opportunities, is the objective of my courses. We show participants numerous successful - and troubled – project transactions. If they return to the office armed with concepts and a framework for analysis that they can apply to their own portfolios, we’ve met our goal.
BiographyMs. Osius designs and delivers executive level training sessions as well as providing consulting services to a wide variety of organizations worldwide. Specializing in international project finance, capital markets, and risk management, she works with corporate investors, private and development banks, equipment suppliers, law firms etc., to structure viable financing packages for green-field projects and facility upgrades in the power, oil and gas, transport, social services and telecom sectors. Prior to establishing her own firm Ms. Osius was a banker at JP Morgan Chase Bank where she structured international project transactions and advised clients on risk management. Ms. Osius has published articles in the business press and co-authored several self-study guides covering international project finance, trade and export finance, foreign exchange, and financial futures, as well as financial analysis in frontier markets. She is a primary speaker in a series of video sessions on Sound Banking Principles. Ms. Osius is a Director of British Caribbean Bank and Waterloo Holdings. Previously she was Chair of the Technical Advisory Panel of the Public Private Infrastructure Advancement Fund (PPIAF). The fund supports technical assistance in emerging markets to encourage private involvement in infrastructure development. She received an M.B.A. from INSEAD, the European Institute of Business Administration, in Fontainebleau, France. Her B.A. degree is from Princeton University.
Marriott London County Hall
As such we have detailed our most frequently used training destinations in London on this map. If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact email@example.com and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.