Euromoney Learning On-Demand
Powered by Finance Unlocked
Learn about every aspect of finance, delivered through one-off videos and in-depth pathwaysLearn More
VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
London School of Project Finance - Cash Flow Modeling
We would like to run this programme as a hybrid event with delegates attending virtually and in a physical classroom. If you'd like to attend this course virtually on the same dates, you can register here.
Alternatively you could contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This five-day Project Finance School is designed to help bankers, private investors, project developers, equipment suppliers, official creditors, and other project participants acquire the skills they need to evaluate project financing transactions in a wide variety of industrial sectors. Relying heavily upon examples from around the world characteristic of the energy, transportation, social services, water, sanitation, telecommunications, oil, gas and mining, attendees will be brought up to date on the latest techniques and innovative approaches to structuring and funding projects.
The program is divided into two modules that may be attended in full or booked separately:
Module 1 Conducted from days 1 to 4 comprises the program’s core. A rapid paced discussion of key aspects of project structures, at its conclusion participants will be able to break analysis into its component parts. They will have gained techniques for assembling market information, making qualitative judgments, developing key agreements and conducting thorough quantitative financial analysis of projects.
This portion of the program also identifies the many sources of finance and risk support available for projects. From bank markets, and bond issuance, to leasing and other foreign and local currency funding alternatives, highlighting their differences, requirements, and investor concerns.
The module pays careful attention to the many techniques for enhancing the terms of funding provided by official players like Export Credit Agencies, Development Banks and Private Risk Insurers.
Module 2 Builds on the foundation established in the first portion of the program. A day-long session, it gives participants a hands-on opportunity to build a cash flow model using Excel-based software. At the conclusion of the segment participants will have a pro forma project model suitable for examining debt capacity and project return on investment.
Hybrid Sessions Timing and Case Reading
The program may be attended in person , or on line. Each day will commence at 10:00am and conclude officially at 6pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
The course is heavily reliant upon cases and examples to reinforce understanding and ensure application of concepts. Case Studies, to be discussed in class are sent as pre-reading. Overnight reading and case work is expected every evening.
Who Should Attend?
The courses will be of value to professionals in the following areas:
- Bankers/Investment Bankers
- Financial Advisors
- Sponsors/Project Joint Ventures
- Project Developers
- Government Agencies
- Public Sector Managers
- Export Credit Agencies
- Multilateral Agencies
- Accountants and Taxation Advisers
- Financial Analysts
- Share Market Analysts and Brokers
- M&A and Buyout Specialists
- Privatization Executives
- Company Treasurers and Directors
- Credit Committee Staff
- Rating Agencies
- Project Managers and Engineers
- Project Consultants
- Investment/Portfolio Managers
- Insurance Advisers and Brokers
Module 2: Cashflow Modeling (1 Day)
Day 1 Themes: Project Finance Modeling
Participants will spend a day building a model for a Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) project. They will test a limited-recourse financing package for debt capacity and attractiveness to investors. Discussion of common approaches to modeling with Excel, ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’. Practical use of models for negotiations.
Modeling Workshop Overview: Objectives and Approaches
- Constructing a Model / Common Myths
- Variations by Project Type
- Overview of LNG Plant and Major Contracts
Structuring the Model and Data to Create a Cashflow Statement
- Developing the Assumptions Page
- Construction Costs and Timing
- Operating Cost, Plant Capacity Usage, Fixed and Variable Costs
- Reinvestment, Plant Expansion, Productivity Shifts
- Equity First or Pro Rata
- Manually Designed Equity Subscription
- Draw-down of Debt Linked to Specific Contracts, Expenditures or in a Hierarchy
Developing the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet
- Factoring in Reserves
- Considering Currencies
- Tax Calculations
- Working Capital
Ratios and Sensitivity Analysis: Objectives and Limitations
- Measuring Debt Capacity and Investor Return
- Using Modeling Output for Initial Project Vetting
- Supporting on-going Negotiations
End of Day
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
Margaret (Meg) Osius
- Equipping stakeholders to respond rapidly to the exploding array of global project finance opportunities, is the objective of my courses. We show participants numerous successful - and troubled – project transactions. If they return to the office armed with concepts and a framework for analysis that they can apply to their own portfolios, we’ve met our goal.
BiographyMs. Osius delivers executive level training sessions and provides advisory services to a wide variety of organizations worldwide. Specializing in international project finance, capital markets, and risk management, she works with corporate investors, private and development banks, equipment suppliers, law firms etc., to create viable financing packages for green-field projects and facility upgrades in the power, oil and gas, transport, social services and telecom sectors. Prior to establishing her own firm Ms. Osius was at JP Morgan Chase Bank where she originated international project transactions and advised clients on risk management. Ms. Osius has been a Director of British Caribbean Bank and WIHL Holdings as well as Chair of the Technical Advisory Panel of the Public Private Infrastructure Advancement Fund (PPIAF) managed by the World Bank. The fund supports technical assistance in emerging markets to encourage private involvement in infrastructure development.She has published articles in the business press and co-authored guides to international project finance, trade and export finance, foreign exchange and financial futures, as well as approaches to credit and financial analysis in emerging markets. She is a primary speaker in a video series to covering Sound Banking Principles.Ms. Osius’s M.B.A. is from INSEAD, with a B.A. degree is from Princeton University.