Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
High Performance Leadership Programme
This is a 5-day adventure in which you will discover your leadership capacity and how you can take on the diverse demands of leadership within your organisation. We will be addressing strategic decision making and how to handle the complex inter-personal dynamics that go hand in hand with being influential. Each day has a different theme and each theme is explored in a practical and participative style so that you will be engaged throughout and be able to take the learning and apply it in your organisation on your return to work.
The course has been designed with talented executives in mind who now find themselves in significant leadership roles and want to become exceptional leaders who are equally at ease with the ‘hard’ business issues and the ‘soft’ people skills. It is delivered by two highly experienced instructors who have taught in world-class business schools and held leadership roles themselves in the commercial world.
Join us on this course and become a leader who can:
- Connect with their inner strength by knowing what kind of leader they are and how to leverage their value
- Speak to inspire and motivate others
- Recognise political activity and know how to deal with it
- Be comfortable with their power and authority as a leader
- Handle conflict situations with skill and diplomacy
- Can lead transformational change within the company and in the marketplace
- Create a vision and develop a mission and strategic plans to fulfil the organisation’s purpose
- Understand what drives financial performance and competitive advantage
- Use analytical tools to design and build a strategy
- Link strategy with corporate governance
- Embed an ethical framework into the organisation’s culture
This is a highly-participative approach incorporating case-studies, questionnaire analysis, group exercises, role plays, presentations, discussion groups - with a short lecture underpinning each topic. This ensures that you are well-informed and also, through discussion with fellow participants, have a broader understanding of how things often work in practice. Research suggest that most managers learn best through active involvement and that is our approach. We also believe in application of learning to real work issues so will be encouraging you to try things out on your ‘back-home’ scenarios before you leave so that you are well-prepared to make things happen on your return.
The working day is 9.00 am - 5.30 pm. There will be some individual preparation work for some of the sessions (e.g. reading case studies, completing a questionnaire).
Each of the five days has its own theme and builds on what has gone before. As we believe that you can’t lead anyone else until you can lead yourself we start with exploring your leadership profile based on your personality and experience (Day I). We then look at your leadership context - your organisation - its purpose, vision, values - and the people who work in it - stakeholders, culture. This is a vehicle for exploring strategic leadership in its broader sense (Day 2). Next we put the two together and look at your own strategic challenge and how you can plan how to deal with it and ensure a smooth implementation (Day 3). Now you are ready for action so we examine how you communicate to get buy-in and motivate people to support you (Day 4). Finally, change is about to happen so just how do you lead transformational change? (Day 5) We end the week with your Personal Leadership Development Plan which will keep this journey on track for your continued career success.
The Leadership Challenge
Welcome and Introductions
- Meet your new colleagues for the week
- Share learning objectives
- Expectations of organisations and society
- Share Your Leadership Challenge
The Role of Feedback for Leadership Development
- Most leaders complain of not getting enough feedback - this week you’re going to get lots!
- Why does it matter?
- How to get feedback
- How to give feedback
Leadership in a VUCA World
We live in an unstable world characterised by Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity.
How does the conventional leadership paradigm need to adapt to be effective in the face of disruptive exponential change driven by technology, demographics and globalisation?
Your Leadership Style
Questionnaire Analysis and in-depth discussions on your leadership profile completed on-line on three different profiles before the course. We will examine your results and identify how you can use them to become a powerful and authentic leader within your organisation.
- Which leadership behaviours come naturally to you?
- Who do you need on your team?
- How does your style impact your relationships?
- How could your style create leadership problems for you?
Listening for Leaders
- The secret ingredient for building loyalty and respect
- Listening beyond the words
- Group exercise
- Live Issues from the Workplace
- Sharing personal mini ‘case studies’ on issues of current concern
The Leadership Context
Introduction to Strategy and the Organisation
- Where does strategy come from?
- What’s the purpose of your organisation?
- Who matters to the organisation?
Managing the environment
- Identifying stakeholders
- Understanding and prioritising stakeholders – and their needs
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Case Study: EDF
Statements of vision and mission
- Corporate values
- Establishing objectives
- We review your own organisational statements
- The Power of Organisational Culture
What is culture?
- Different Types of Organisational Culture
- Benign and toxic cultures
- The leader’s role in making and breaking organisational cultures
- Culture Web Exercise: Analyse your existing culture and identify where change is needed to reach your desired culture.
Leading Employee Engagement
Creating a ‘great place to work’ to support and empower your people to get great results.
"Leaders Create Leaders"
- Nurturing a pipeline of leaders
- Developing a network of leaders at every level
- Working collaboratively and cooperatively
Building High Performance Teams
A practical model that empowers and motivates team member to become self-managing
Developing & Destroying Trust & Reputation
- Personal relationships
- Employee - Organisation relationships
- Customer - Organisation relationships
- Society - Organisation relationships
Strengthening Your Psychological Capital
- Strategies for influence
- Managing your personal power
- Handling organisational politics
- Managing upward
- The yin and yang of communication
- Flexing your leadership style for effective, credible communication
Exercise: Stakeholder Mapping
Handling Difficult People and Difficult Situations
- Follow the framework
- Adopt the secrets of the speech-writers
- Have ‘stage’ presence
- Make the most of your voice
- Use body language
- Find your passion
Exercise: Inspirational Speaking: you will learn how to write and deliver an inspirational speech with the opportunity to try it out and receive feedback and coaching.
Leading into the Future
The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Innovation + Opportunity
- Passion + Persuasion
- Risk Taking + Ownership
Leading Transformational Change
- Case Study: NYPD
- The nature of change
- Why people resist change
The 8 steps to successful organisational change
- Making change stick
- Maintaining commitment
- Leaving a living legacy
- Have ‘stage’ presence
- Make the most of your voice
- Use your body language
- Find your passion
- Overcome your nerves
Deliver a 5-minute presentation, prepared earlier and receive sensational applause!
Preparing to Return to the Workplace
The aim is to consolidate your learning on how to:
- Apply new insights to your Leadership Challenge
- Plan the next steps
- Get a reality check from a colleague
- Commit to action
Compile Your Personal Leadership Development Plans
- Identify the critical areas of your leadership that you can strengthen and build upon
- Consider how to build new behaviours into your work life
- Recognise the supporters that you have as a leader and how you can develop those relationships
- Commit to the single most inspiring and energising insight that you have had this week that will take your leadership to a new level
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
Jacquie DrakeI have been a faculty member at Cranfield School of Management for over 25 years, but in parallel to my academic work I consult internationally to a wide range of organisations and individuals around the world.
BiographyThe Course Director has been a faculty member at Cranfield School of Management in the UK for over 25 years, where she founded and led the Praxis Centre for leadership development, and is now a Visiting Fellow. She is also visiting faculty at the Mannheim Business School, Germany, and Professor of Communications at the Cyprus International Institute of Management. In parallel with her academic work, she has over 20 years’ experience consulting internationally to a wide range of organisations and individuals in the business world speaking at conferences, delivering leadership development courses and workshops, facilitating senior level off-site strategy meetings and team-builds, and undertaking individual mentoring and coaching at Director level.
Lance MoirHaving 30+ years experience as a CFO, Corporate Financier and Treasurer, I know what distinguishes a great CFO from a merely adequate one. As such, my courses focus on developing the knowledge and skills of those attending so they can get to the next level.
BiographyThe Course Instructor has over 30 years financial experience as CFO, Corporate Financier and Treasurer in international companies. He had been CFO of WIN plc and Executive Director of IMImobile, Group Finance Director of First Choice Holidays PLC, Director of Corporate Finance at Bass PLC and Head of Corporate Finance and Strategy at Storehouse PLC. He currently has a portfolio career as an adviser, non executive director and management educator. He is a Visiting Professor at Cranfield School of Management, where he was on the full time faculty, and is a Non Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of Henderson Global Trust PLC.
The Marylebone Hotel
We strive to provide you with a training environment of the highest quality, to ensure that the whole learning experience exceeds your expectations.
Delegates are responsible for arranging their own accommodation. We have detailed our most frequently used training destinations in London on this map.
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit to our training courses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our accommodation partner Helms Briscoe will help you get the best rate possible.