VAT on Virtual and Online Programmes
Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
This course will run using video conferencing technology, and will run over a number of session each day.
The course will start at 9am BST (British Summer Time)
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The course provides detailed and comprehensive analysis into all major areas of Islamic Banking and Finance. Relevant theory is covered with the primary focus on practical application and use of all products in the global Islamic finance markets. Guidance will be provided on such issues as:
- Analysis of current market practices and what products and structures are utilized, and why
- Developing new products for your clients and markets
- Structuring products from the building block of theory (Islamic law) through to the final end product
- Impact on each group of stakeholders (Scholars, structurers, legal, marketing, operations, risk, execution etc)
This course has been designed for professionals that have had little or no exposure to Islamic Finance (via the initial Overview module) through to those already exposed and working in the field requiring more detailed guidance and information.
It will broaden your knowledge of the industry and markets, as well as understanding all the major products used globally, and the characteristics and risk management aspects associated with them.
Note - A good level of spoken and written English is required to attend this course. Delegates should be of an intermediate standard in English at a minimum. Please refer to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - as a guide the level required is B2.
3 sessions daily, each session of 1.5-2 hours durationStart Time - 9am BST (British Summer Time)
- Overview and Introduction to the course
- Global markets overview
- The rise and relevance of Islamic finance
- The differences (and similarities) to conventional finance
- Important rules and principles
- Key finance and contractual models
- Use of assets
- Enterprise – sharing of risk and rewards
- Murabaha, Mudarabah, Musharakah, Wakala, Ijara, Wa’ad etc
- How do deposits work without interest?
- The implications for the business model of Islamic banks
- How do Islamic banks offer financing without interest?
- Home finance
- Car finance
- Different models used:
- Purchase and resale of the asset
- Diminishing Musharakah
- Use of Murabaha in financing structures
- Home finance, personal loans, corporate financing, trade finance
- Risk sharing – how practical is this for Islamic banks?
- Mitigation of risk sharing
- Retail deposits
- Sukuk (Mudarabah)
- Asset risk
- Contemporary developments
- Fintech in the Islamic space
- Role of Non-Banks in the digital age
- Crytpocurrencies – how to approach them?
- Green Sukuk
- Social Impact – COVID 19 and the opportunity for evolution of approach and products
- Investments and Funds
- Important asset classes
- How funds are structured
- Sukuk – the global Sukuk markets
- Benefits of Sukuk for Islamic countries
- And non-Muslim countries
- Key market developments
- Key Sukuk structures and case studies
- Ijara Sukuk
- Mudarabah Sukuk
- Murabaha Sukuk
- The issue of Shariah compliance
- The challenges and impacts on products and markets
- Shariah compliant contracts in English Law and courts
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – 10/10 of the world’s largest banks have chosen us as there training provider and we have delivered training across the largest banks and have trained over 25,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 100+ strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 25,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 99 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 4.2/5 on service and 4.7/5 on Coursecheck
BiographyThe course instructor is an investment banker and has been specialising in islamic Finance since 2001. He established the Islamic Banking teams at UBS and Credit Agricole, and in 2007 established and led the global Islamic Banking business at JP Morgan. In 2012 Safdar established a consultancy firm to provide services to the industry, with a focus being on positive and critical development of the industry. He counts amongst his clients Islamic Banks from London to the Middle East and Asia. He has led and executed transactions in Islamic Banking in excess of $10bn. He is a frequent speaker at workshops and conferences and contributes thought leadership articles to help drive critical discussion and debate in the global industry.