Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
CFO Strategy & Leadership
The CFO Strategy & Leadership Programme will enhance your ability to lead whilst giving you the wider business expertise required of today’s high-performing CFOs.
This intensive programme was designed by a former Finance Director with global responsibility and considerable leadership development expertise. It helps current and aspiring CFOs and Finance Directors address the common issues that arise as they move from technical roles into positions of leadership. A key feature of the course is the use of two professional psychometric tools, which allow you to understand your leadership style and how to understand the behaviours and preferences of your teams and senior colleagues.
This course introduces a range of strategic models through a number of cases, which become the focus of debate to enable peers to share their real-life experiences and challenges in these areas. You will understand how to choose performance measures and communicate them to non-financial colleagues in order to guide your organisation through a transformation program that creates value by aligning financial capabilities with corporate strategy.
Attend this high-level 5-day course and learn key skills to:
- Lead the finance function to be a partner to the business
- Linking financial objectives and performance measures to business strategy
- Understand your leadership style and link this to financial objectives
- Evaluate the practical implications of investment decisions and acquisitions
- Build and lead a high performance finance team
- Evaluate a deeper insight into how the business model translates into the accounting numbers
- Meet the different objectives of investors and funders
- Drive innovation and lead cultural change
- Lead organisational transformation
Teaching MethodologyThe teaching methodology used on this course combines formal theoretical instruction with frequent use of exercises and case studies. In addition, two psychometric tools will also be provided. There will be opportunity for debate within the group on their own experience led by the instructor and so to learn from each other’s experience.
There will be ample time for group discussion with the tutors as most senior managers learn best from their own context and experience. The course is intended to be practical and interactive, with delegates encouraged to ask questions. Each day will allow participants some time to apply the material introduced during the day to their own business, with support from the tutor.
Day 1The CFO as a Leader – Setting the Parameters
You: The Evolving CFO
The programme begins with participants introducing themselves, their expectations and objectives. Focused on the individual participant, this initial session will explore:
- The scope of the CFO responsibilities
- Your strategic and leadership skill sets
- Your career aspirations as a CFO
Setting the Scene – What does the Modern CFO Do and how do You Spend your Time?
- Strategic consideration
- Setting the tone
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Investor relations
- What are the issues?
Case Study: Home Depot
Exploring the issues that CFOs face during a time of change
Setting Financial Objectives– Key Financial Issues
- Shareholder value
- Setting financial objectives
- Capital structure
- Economic value added
- Need for growth
- Organisational issues
Choosing Financial Measures
- Using the Performance Prism
- Shareholder Value metrics
- Using the balanced scorecard
Behavioural Finance and Personal Bias
- Understanding bias in financial data
- The risks of believing the numbers
- The risks of sales forecasts
- The problem of too much cost control
The Strategic Context – What are the Organisation’s Objectives?
Introduction to Strategy
- Where does strategy come from?
- The purpose of the firm
- Levels of strategy – corporate, business unit and operational
- Determinants of strategy
- Sources of data
Designing and Implementing Strategy
- Analytic tools and techniques to design and build the strategy
- Integrating financial strategy into current operational plans and priorities
- Influencing, formulating and implementing strategy
Designing Strategy – Strategy from the Outside
- Introduction to industrial economic value of strategy
- PESTEL analysis
- Porter’s five force model
- Supply chain analysis
Case Study: The European Brewery Industry
Applying the tools of competitive strategy to an industry
Designing Strategy – Strategy from the Inside
- Resource based theory
- VRIN model
- Strategic assets
- Implications for strategy
Linking Financial Objectives to Organisational Strategy
- Introduction to value drivers
- Need for sustainable competitive advantage
- Identifying sources of competitive advantage
Public Share Markets and Share Prices
- Linking financial performance to share prices
- Understanding fundamental value
- The difference between firm performance and share price performance
- The role of stock market analysts
Personal Style: Understanding Yourself
- Who am I?
- Decision Profile analysis – understanding the dimensions of risk, luck, decisiveness and intuition
Personal Style and Managing Others
- The Myers-Briggs type indicator and managing different styles
- The Transformational CFO: Leading Change
Personal Style, Leadership and Culture
The Transformational CFO
- Building sustainable leadership
- Building individual leadership capacity through self- awareness
- Becoming more reflective about leadership and how it works
- Changing the way the organisation thinks about leadership
- Culture web
Building and Leading a High-Performing Finance Team
- Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your team
- Developing, influencing and motivating individuals
- Managing dynamics to ensure that your team is working at their peak performance
The CFO as a Leader and Business Partner
Leading through Successful Change
- Analysing the impact of change on people and the organisation
- How your personal change style impacts your approach to leadership of change
- Supporting people through change
- Overcoming conflicts and chaos situations
- Investor relations strategy
- Designing the message externally and internally
Case Study: Kuehne and Nagel
- Managing internal messages
- Preparation for own personal strategic plan
Course summary and close
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
Jacquie DrakeI have been a faculty member at Cranfield School of Management for over 25 years, but in parallel to my academic work I consult internationally to a wide range of organisations and individuals around the world.
BiographyThe Course Director has been a faculty member at Cranfield School of Management in the UK for over 25 years, where she founded and led the Praxis Centre for leadership development, and is now a Visiting Fellow. She is also visiting faculty at the Mannheim Business School, Germany, and Professor of Communications at the Cyprus International Institute of Management. In parallel with her academic work, she has over 20 years’ experience consulting internationally to a wide range of organisations and individuals in the business world speaking at conferences, delivering leadership development courses and workshops, facilitating senior level off-site strategy meetings and team-builds, and undertaking individual mentoring and coaching at Director level.
Lance MoirHaving 30+ years experience as a CFO, Corporate Financier and Treasurer, I know what distinguishes a great CFO from a merely adequate one. As such, my courses focus on developing the knowledge and skills of those attending so they can get to the next level.
BiographyThe Course Instructor has over 30 years financial experience as CFO, Corporate Financier and Treasurer in international companies. He had been CFO of WIN plc and Executive Director of IMImobile, Group Finance Director of First Choice Holidays PLC, Director of Corporate Finance at Bass PLC and Head of Corporate Finance and Strategy at Storehouse PLC. He currently has a portfolio career as an adviser, non executive director and management educator. He is a Visiting Professor at Cranfield School of Management, where he was on the full time faculty, and is a Non Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of Henderson Global Trust PLC.
The map attached details some of our most frequently used venues
If you need help booking accommodation for your visit, please contact email@example.com and one of our partners will help you get the best rate possible.