Claiming Back Your VAT
All attendees of a London based course incur VAT as a part of the cost of attendance.
Euromoney Learning have partnered with VAT IT to allow you the unique opportunity to recoup the VAT incurred.
Using VAT IT's extensive experience and simple sign-up and refund process, every invoice can be turned into cash for your business.
Claim the VAT that's rightfully yours in four simple steps:
1. Register your interest
2. Sign a few simple documents
3. VAT IT processes your claim
4. Receive your refund
Why choose VAT IT
VAT IT have spent two decades identifying, researching and perfecting the foreign VAT Reclaim process and built the best back end technology in the industry. By partnering with Euromoney Learning, we can provide you with a fast and effective way to reclaim your VAT which helps reduce the cost of your training.
VAT IT will charge a percentage of the VAT refund if/when it is successful.
Can I claim back the VAT myself?
You can claim back VAT directly from the UK Tax Authority (HMRC) by completing the following form.
For European clients, please refer to form VAT 65.
All other clients, please refer to form VAT 65A.
You may also be able to claim back your VAT against courses taking place outside of the UK, and we would recommend contacting VAT IT, our specialist partner, to discuss how to do this.
Financial Crime Strategy for Private Banking
This course is approximately 4 hours in duration, including an assessment
Afternoon (2pm - 6pm)
Business ultimately owns client-risk and compliance have an advisory role. In this context, this practical workshop will help senior management hone their skills to both understand their own role better and help them fine tune their public messaging around financial crime. Both support and tone at the top are key to the success of any financial crime program. This workshop will help senior management to zoom in on the potential issues needing their attention and leadership.
Upon completion of this programme, participants will:
- Develop a holistic picture of the legal and regulatory ramifications of non-compliance both for the bank and for themselves
- Understand regulatory expectations from their role so as to take more ownership and help facilitate change including through stronger messaging
- Help to focus on potential issues in their organization and facilitate the change needed
- Specifically to enhance the KYC and transactions monitoring/reporting processes through the adoption of specific tools and approaches.
Combination of case studies, classroom discussion, Q&A.
Senior management in private banks and securities firms (business, compliance, audit, risk), for example, with 10 years of work-experience and at least a Director/SVP rank, or others being developed for these roles.
Course Programme – A Four-hour CourseHour One
Setting the Tone
- Scale of the problem
- Sources of dirty money (e.g. drugs, IPR theft, trafficking, fraud, tax evasion)
- The financial crime climate – disciplinary actions
- Private Banking Risks & Securities Sector Risks
- AML/CTF, Sanctions, WMD, Trade Control etc.
- Program Pillars, Guidance-Awareness, Training, Inspection Lessons
- Accountability, Disciplinary Actions, Criminal Charges
- Business strategy & compliance/staffing, Operating Structure
- Convergence in FC risks
- Strategic change management/funding
- Data Analytics Use Cases
Governance & Oversight arrangements
- Governance as an enabler – BIS, MAS, SFC
- Bank Culture Reform
- Committees versus Working Groups
- Task Allocation & Accountability
- FCC CO’s Report
- Linked MIS
- Role of Internal Audit
KYC – CDD/EDD
- FI Risk Assessment & Risk Appetite
- Customer Risk Assessment (CRA)
- KYC – CDD/EDD
Standard, Simplified and Enhanced Due Diligence
Private Banking CDD
Intermediary as an Introducer
Technology Tools for CDD/EDD
KYC Refresh & KYC Remediation
Compliance Testing/ Ongoing QT
KYC – Beneficial Ownership/ Controllers
- BO for a legal entity and trust
- Complex Structures
- HK PSC Register
- BO Examples
- Background Screening
- Sanctions Screening
- Production Orders
- TM – Common Deficiencies
- Third Party Deposits/ Payments
- Non-Resident Accounts Trading Pattern
- Customers Trading Patterns
- Examples of Parameters Monitored
- HRC Enhanced TM
- SWIFT Compliance Analytics
- Unusual Activity Reporting
- How to Identify Suspicion
- Suspicious Indicators – JFIU
- Tax Evasion – Red Flags
- Fraud – Red Flags
- STR – When, How, What
- STR quality
- Post-STR Filing Actions
- QA Testing
- Model validation
6. REGULATORY MANAGEMENT
- Audits & Inspections
- Cooperation & Disciplinary Fining
- Tax Havens + Employee Complicity/Fraud
- Non-Resident Stooge A/c’s
- Casino Cheques
- Pump & Dump
- Laundering Drug Trafficking
- Multiple A/c’s – Single Stock
- Off-Exchange Transactions
- Third Party Funds Transfers
- Accounts used as a Conduit
- Cash & Third Party Deposits/ Conduit
- Third Party Deposits
- Transfer of Stock to Third Party
- Transactions versus Profile/ Smurfing
- Mirror trading
- Embezzlement & Market Manipulation
- Complex Ownership Structures
- Sanctions - Payments Stripping
- WMD Proliferation Financng
- Bank Bribery Cases (5)
- Cyber Security
- Charities & NPO’s
- Terrorism risk
- Trade Fraud to Inflate Books
- Round Tripping
- Highlights of Future Risks Needing Attention
Our Tailored Learning Offering
Do you have five or more people interested in attending this course? Do you want to tailor it to meet your company’s exact requirements? If you’d like to do either of these, we can bring this course to your company’s office. You could even save up to 50% on the cost of sending delegates to a public course and dramatically increase your ROI.
If you want to run this course at a location convenient to you or if you want a completely customised learning solution, we can help.
We produce learning solutions that are completely unique to your business. We’ll guide you through the whole process, from the initial consultancy to evaluating the success of the full learning experience. Our learning specialists ensure you get the maximum return on your training investment.
We have a combined experience of over 60 years providing learning solutions to the world’s major organisations and are privileged to have contributed to their success. We view our clients as partners and focus on understanding the needs of each organisation we work with to tailor learning solutions to specific requirements.
We are proud of our record of customer satisfaction. Here is why you should choose us to help you achieve your goals and accelerate your career:
- Quality – our clients consistently rate our performance ‘excellent’ or ‘outstanding’. Our average overall score awarded to us by our clients is nine out of ten.
- Track record – we have delivered training solutions for 95% of worlds’ top 100 banks and have trained over 250,000 professionals.
- Knowledge – our 150 strong team of industry specialist trainers are world leading financial leaders and commentators, ensuring our knowledge base is second to none.
- Reliability – if we promise it, we deliver it. We have delivered over 20,000 events both in person and online, using simultaneous translation to delegates from over 180 countries.
- Recognition – we are accredited by the British Accreditation Council and the CPD Certification Service. In an independent review by Feefo we scored 96% on service and 95% on product
BiographyDr. Bedi headed the PwC Financial Crime practise in Singapore and had 23 clients across banking and securities. He authored a 400+ page book “Money Laundering – Controls and Prevention” at PwC which won him an internal award at PwC. The eLearning he co-authored at PwC was used by AUSTRAC for free market training for many years. Over the next decade in Singapore Dr. Bedi acquired varied and valuable practical experience in Financial Crime. First in AML technology implementation at Standard Chartered Bank. Then as Director and Regional Head of Financial Crime for Bank of America Merrill Lynch where he oversaw the merger-linked programme enhancement leading a team of 20 staff across 12 countries in Asia. His coverage was across all businesses including private banking, trade and corporate banking, institutional and investment banking. He also held similar regional positions at Coutts Private Bank, and at JP Morgan where he was Director and Regional Head for Financial Crime (Oversight & Control) heading a small team across EMEA & APAC. He has also been a private consultant heading his own firm. He works exclusively with Euromoney Learning for financial crime training (AML, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery), and separately performs reviews for banks.