The material on this site is for financial institutions, professional investors and their professional advisers. It is for information only. Please read our Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy and Cookies before using this site.

All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws. © 2021 Euromoney, a part of the Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC.

Bulgartabac successfully sells out tobacco processing unit in Pazardzhik.

Bulgartabac successfully sells out tobacco processing unit in Pazardzhik. The state controlled tobacco holding Bulgartabac sold out 85.24% of its tobacco processing unit in Pazardzhik at the price of BGN 4.7mn (EUR 2.4mn) on the local stock exchange yesterday. The price is more than 3 times higher than the set bidding floor and well above our expectations based on the weak income balance of the plant. Four companies have participated in the auction but names are not officially announced yet. Bulgartabac has sold 80.6% of its printing and paper packaging plant in Plovdiv for EUR 16.6mn on the stock exchange in early October. It will tender several other tobacco processing units in short terms but will retain majority stakes in the main cigarette makers in Blagoevgrad, Sofia , and Plovdiv . The state holds 80% of the holding while the remaining 20% is floated on the local stock exchange. It has posted a non-consolidated net profit of BGN 20.9mn (EUR 10.7mn) in Jan-Sep and the net earnings will rise further in Q4 on the back of the sell-offs mentioned above.

You have reached premium content. Please log in to continue reading.

Read beyond the headlines with Euromoney

For over 50 years, our readers have looked to Euromoney to stay informed about the issues that matter in the international banking and financial markets. Find out more about our different levels of access below.

SUBSCRIBE ONLINE TODAY

Unlimited access to Euromoney.com and Asiamoney.com

Expert comment, long reads and in-depth analysis interviews with senior finance professionals

Access the results of our market-leading annual surveys across core financial services

Access the results of our annual awards, including the world-renowned Awards for Excellence

Your print copy of Euromoney magazine delivered monthly

£73.75 per month

Billed Annually

FREE 7 DAY TRIAL

Unlimited access to Euromoney.com and Asiamoney.com, including our top stories, long reads, expert analysis, and the results of our annual surveys and awards

Sign up to any of our newsletters, curated by our editors

LOGIN NOW

Already a user?

We use cookies to provide a personalized site experience.
By continuing to use & browse the site you agree to our Privacy Policy.
I agree